Monday, April 19, 2010

Clean for health first

As the Vice President of a janitorial company, I personally do a lot of research in the subject of green cleaning and cleaning in general and it is very interesting because I not only learn new methods available for better performance, but also I see there is a lot of false information spread around about cleaning, chemicals, fragrances, etc.

The first thing I want to convey is that cleaning is the contrary to polluting, so why would you use chemicals that are harmful to health to clean your office or your house?.Is one of those things that doesn't make sense at all, right?

This is similar to what happens with alimentary products, where years later we find out that the fries we love so much are cooked with unhealthy oils or something of that sort. Except that food at least go through an approval process on its effect on us humans and even that is not a guarantee, as we later hear about it on the news.
As we don't eat or drink the chemicals we use to clean, there is not such regulations and some of the chemicals can be really damaging to health.

We were educated to believe that clean smells good, when clean doesn't smell at all. The shelves at your favor stores still have 10 harmful products and maybe one or two green products, so as a society, we are still creating unhealthy indoors environments and it would be very nice to start changing it for the better of our families, friends and visitors, don't you think?

With this blog, I want to share with you tips, new information, reveal false information and help you improve your standard of living by reducing exposure to toxics.

I'm not a doctor or a scientist, as I share information with you, I'll quote the source of the information so you can study it further if you like. Following or not my tips or advice is up to you, I want us to think freely and learn together better ways.

Thank you,

Sebastian Alongi
Vice President
CleanServ Universal Services, Inc.